Thoughtfully Created Womenswear
We believe in supporting our world and enjoying the journey and the community of people we work with.
We want to protect our world and be kind
Our responsibilities and goals focus on operating a circulatory sustainable company
We will endeavour to begin any process questioning first the following
Does it have a POSITIVE SOCIAL IMPACT ?
Does it SUPPORT INCLUSIVITY ?
Is it SUSTAINABLE ?
Is it ETHICAL ?
Is it KIND ?
Will it damage the ENVIRONMENT or the COMMUNITY ?
Is it the BEST we can do ?
Can we do BETTER ?
We work with community-based production facilities that make small-production runs for us.
Our makers are currently based in the UK, Indonesia and Hong Kong. We have decided to work with different skilled communities based on proximity of materials, community based incentives and regeneration; and location of which regions we will be shipping to.
The team responsible for bringing Yasmina Q pieces to life (from first prototype through to finished goods ready for sale) is part of a wider local community offering a safe environment and is supported by training incentives to give-back to local communities.
• We support fair workers wages
• We support and pay-back into training programmes and apprenticeships
• We support individuals displaced by difficult circumstances
• We are working on a system that can build foundations for future and the future of the skilled workers who we support and train
•. Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing around the world through certification and education.
• For every garment made we support education and training within the local community.
• Our manufacturing is supported by PHVLO HATCH and YWCA Community Empowerment Programme.
We only select fabrics that are either sustainably sourced or classed as ‘deadstock’ to help the environment and the people who work within it.
• Lenzig Ecovero is a cellulose fibre made using sustainable wood from controlled sources which are either FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or PEFC (Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) certified in Europe
• This process has significantly lower emissions and water impact than conventional viscose
• Nearly all the chemicals used during the production are recovered and reused
• Leftover fabric stock, destined for landfill or intended to be destroyed
• We play a part in slowing down the manufacturing process and resetting our
• The process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects
• Uses less energy to produce than virgin polyester
• Recycling this material prevents this from going to landfill
• Grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment.
• Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and build biologically diverse agriculture.
• BCI ‘Better Cotton Initiative’ exists to make global cotton development better for the people who produce it, better for the environment and better for our sectors future
We endeavour to ensure as much as our packaging is sourced sustainably in line with our circulatory processes.
Yasmina Q Sunrise Swing Tag
• Made using FSC certified card
Yasmina Q Sunrise Packaging Sticker
• Made using 100% uncoated recycled paper
Eco Mailing Bags and Paper Bags
• Produced from sugar cane / recycled paper
• 100% fully recyclable and reusable
• Carbon neutral – the carbon dioxide taken from the atmosphere in the growing process, offsets the carbon dioxide emitted through production and transport
We are passionate and committed to supporting others through charitable organisations. We have created our ‘spreadthelove’ hashtag to document this initiative. Our goals are:
• To design exclusive one-off products with the sole purpose to raise money to help others in need
• Spotlight the chosen Charity
• 100% of profits will be donated to Charity
To date we have been able to support the following charities in response to the Covid 19 pandemic:
• The Felix Project
• NHS Charities Together